How to identify callbacks for flex-tool-bar

I am using the flex-tool-bar and am attempting to add assorted commands to the toolbar. I cannot seem to identify how the Atom API documentation corresponds to what should be used as a callback value.

Since the flex-tool-bar example shows a sample using application:new-file, I have tried to find that in the API documentation (with the objective being that I could then determine what other commands are).

Searching around online I have found that some callbacks appear to be called using “core:” and some seem to be “application”". I’m sorry if this is a clueless question, but I have been searching for a while and have not been able to identify a way of determining what actions are available and how to reference them.

I suspect that I have missed some critical piece of information on how atom works. If this is the case, please feel free to point me to the documentation I should read and I’ll start there :slight_smile:

The API documentation is the advanced side of Atom’s functionality, and not anything you currently need to worry about. flex-tool-bar does support API calls, but you don’t need to use API calls to use the package. You should start with Atom’s user guide, the Flight Manual, which has a section explaining Atom’s internal commands and the Command Palette. When you look at that, you will see that the string application:new-file corresponds with a command in the Command Palette that can be bound to a key or a flex-tool-bar button however you like.

Wow, I can’t believe I missed that. I made it way to complicated :slight_smile: Thanks for the help!