How to grep lines matching string in current file?

Is there a way to show all lines matching a string (or regex) in the currently viewed file?

-Thanks

Find in Project displays each matched line, and you can put the filename into the bottom field to restrict the search to that specific file.

Thanks! I didn’t realize it was that easy!

For a lot of things, it’s usually very easy to achieve a “good enough” result with the tools available. Find in Project isn’t exactly a grep analog because you can’t then do other things with the search results. But you just want to see them all, so it’s good enough. It’s when you need a more specific or complex solution that you need to dig into the API, and so far I haven’t found anything that I wanted but was unable to accomplish. For a grep | nano imitation, you would use editor.scan(), pass it a function that takes object.range.getRows() and appends the content of those rows to a string, then pops open a new tab with atom.workspace.buildTextEditor() and drops the results string in. That’s a pretty quick init.coffee add.

I have a vim function named MyGrep() mapped to which sound very similar to the functionality you describe. After I’m more comfortable with Atom I definitely plan on doing some hacking!

Can you recommend a good resource for example code?

-Thanks

Unfortunately, no, not yet. A cookbook is one of the things Atom presently lacks.