How to develop with unminified react

I’m trying to write a package using React for views. It’s going smoothly so far. I’ve been referring to the various *-component.coffee files in the Atom source.

One problem I ran into was that React’s helpful warnings and errors don’t show up in Atom. Instead you get something like this:

Uncaught Error: Minified exception occured; use the non-minified dev environment for the full error message and additional helpful warnings.

Does anyone know how to get Atom to use the unminified version of React? I’m just doing React = require 'react-atom-fork' right now.

I’m also interested in the answer to this question.

I noticed that I started getting this type of error when I added an onKeyDown handler to my React component. Then I took a look at the package.json for atom-react-fork:

"description": "Minimal, Atom-specific fork of React. Allows us to opt out of selection restoration and event dispatch.",

So I suspect that trying to use these features could be the cause of unexpected errors.

You can now get non-minified React by running Atom in dev mode: atom --dev.

Also if you’re running into issues with the Atom-specific version of React you may be interested in this React issue.