How to delete session storage? Tabs Package dies

I somehow destroyed the state of my project, possibly related to having a tab open which showed the contents of a zip archive. Now whenever I try to open the directory in atom, the Tabs package can’t start (see stacktrace below).

How do I blow away the state on the project? I figure tabs will be able to start when whatever corrupted state it’s trying to deserialize is gone.

Failed to activate package named 'tabs' TypeError: undefined is not a function
  at tabs-tab.module.exports.TabView.handleEvents (/Applications/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app/node_modules/tabs/lib/tab-view.js:47:19)
  at tabs-tab.module.exports.TabView.initialize (/Applications/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app/node_modules/tabs/lib/tab-view.js:27:12)
  at TabBarView.module.exports.TabBarView.addTabForItem (/Applications/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app/node_modules/tabs/lib/tab-bar-view.js:177:15)
  at TabBarView.module.exports.TabBarView.initialize (/Applications/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app/node_modules/tabs/lib/tab-bar-view.js:75:14)
  at TabBarView.View (/Applications/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app/node_modules/space-pen/lib/space-pen.js:137:25)
  at new TabBarView (/Applications/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app/node_modules/tabs/lib/tab-bar-view.js:28:47)
  at /Applications/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app/node_modules/tabs/lib/main.js:18:24
  at PaneContainerView.module.exports.PaneContainerView.eachPaneView (/Applications/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app/src/pane-container-view.js:130:9)
  at WorkspaceView.module.exports.WorkspaceView.eachPaneView (/Applications/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app/src/workspace-view.js:362:25)
  at Object.module.exports.activate (/Applications/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app/node_modules/tabs/lib/main.js:15:57)
  at Package.module.exports.Package.activateNow (/Applications/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app/src/package.js:198:27)
  at /Applications/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app/src/package.js:184:28
  at Package.module.exports.Package.measure (/Applications/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app/src/package.js:130:15)
  at Package.module.exports.Package.activate (/Applications/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app/src/package.js:178:14)
  at PackageManager.module.exports.PackageManager.activatePackage (/Applications/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app/src/package-manager.js:406:21)
  at PackageManager.module.exports.PackageManager.activatePackages (/Applications/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app/src/package-manager.js:395:14)
  at PackageManager.module.exports.PackageManager.activate (/Applications/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app/src/package-manager.js:381:19)
  at Atom.module.exports.Atom.startEditorWindow (/Applications/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app/src/atom.js:518:21)
  at Object.<anonymous> (/Applications/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app/src/window-bootstrap.js:14:8)
  at Object.<anonymous> (/Applications/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app/src/window-bootstrap.js:20:4)
  at Module._compile (module.js:455:26)
  at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:473:10)
  at Module.load (/Applications/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app/node_modules/coffee-script/lib/coffee-script/register.js:45:36)
  at Function.Module._load (module.js:311:12)
  at Module.require (module.js:363:17)
  at require (module.js:379:17)
  at window.onload (file:///Applications/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app/static/index.js:20:25)

Close all instances of Atom and then move or delete the ~/.atom/storage directory.