How to change font?

How can I change the font in atom? Every time I try changing the family font it changes to another default font instead of the one I’m trying to change to. Any ideas?

I’m not sure what problem you have but let me suggest you try out the fonts package. It has a ton of fonts included. I don’t know if it will help your problem.

actually the font i want to use is for another language…i have it installed on my system but i cant seem to get it working in atom

It would help if you included what platform you’re running on: OS X, Windows, Linux? The answer to this question is sometimes different depending on which you are using.

Sorry im on windows 10

Here’s some alternate approaches if you can’t get the font family field to work:

I tried what you suggested and it works as far as making the font italic however the font itself does not change

anybody else have any suggestions?

@raelyard, do you have any suggestions?

@phsyco009, what is the name of the font?

the name of the font is Jameel Noori Nastaleeq. Its an urdu language font. However I can’t change to any font its not just this one.

I am able to change my font on 1.2.4 on Windows 10 without any issue both via the Settings window and via editing config.cson. I don’t see an Atom version listed here. Is it different?

Can you try the specific font @phsyco009 mentioned? Jameel Noori Nastaleeq

Yeah, tried that - worked fine.

could you please share your settings and maybe some screenshots? i wonder if it might be an issue with my theme? im using the theme called one dark

screenshot of my settings with the desired font installed and rendered:

Actually, that appears to be the default Windows font of Times New Roman rather than the desired font. Can you:

1. Put the cursor on one of the lines with text
  2. Open the Dev Tools
  3. Go to the Elements tab
  4. Find the <div class="line cursor-line"> element and highlight it
  5. Switch the right hand pane in the Dev Tools to “Computed”
  6. Scroll to the bottom to see “Rendered Fonts”

I see differences with using Times New Roman vs Jameel Noori Nastaleeq. My dev tools doesn’t seem to show a Rendered Fonts - maybe I’m doing something wrong. The font-family showing up in the Filter is showing whatever I have in the config.cson.

ok i seemed to have fixed the problem…i think i may have incorrectly typed the name…lol…who woulda thought… thanks for all the help