How do you know which package is taking effect that provides the same functionality?

I.E. both magic-python and autocomplete-python, provide auto competition which package is winning?

Also magic-python have options to show tab guidelines, show invisible etc… what about the default settings of the core Atom packages? edit: or some other package that provides settings over the same stuff?

I don’t know. It’s probably not the same each time since packages don’t load in a particular order if I recall correctly. You can test this by figuring out what’s different between the services and then using the autocomplete and seeing which list pops up.

Also magic-python have options to show tab guidelines, show invisible etc… what about the default settings of the core Atom packages? edit: or some other package that provides settings over the same stuff?

This is something else you can test. I’ve never used magic-python, but I would surmise that those settings are linked to the language-specific settings for the language-python package. You can find these in your config.cson file under the .source.python key. Community packages have the ability to modify config settings used by core packages.

Thank you for you explanation.

And now i’d really like to see some core package that would help with tracking and managing stuff like this

package-cop can help with certain tasks.

@DamnedScholar Thanks, ill try it out