How do I navigate between functions in Lua?

I’m having trouble figuring out how to use Lua efficiently in Atom. Is there some way to view a list of functions in tree view? Right now all I see are the open files. Also, is there a way to navigate to a function’s declaration from where I see it called? “Go to Declaration” in the right-click menu doesn’t seem to work.

Thanks in advance!

No. The tree view just shows you which files are in the current project.

Also, is there a way to navigate to a function’s declaration from where I see it called? “Go to Declaration” in the right-click menu doesn’t seem to work.

What package are you using?

See the Navigating by Symbols section in the Atom Flight Manual for more information on how to get all this working.

I’m using the tabletopsimulator-lua package.

Hmm, I did look at that before. Ctrl-R is pretty useful, but it says I need to install the ctags utility to actually go to a function declaration, and I can’t figure out how to do that.

That package does not have a Go To Declaration menu item, so that can’t be right.

It’s not in the package menu. It’s in the right-click menu.

Yes, that’s everything under 'context-menu'. It’s not there, so the tabletopsimulator-lua package is not generating that menu item.

I never said it was…

I presumed only the items in the Tabletop Simulator submenu were part of the package, and the other items are just always there.

My bad, I thought that was part of a package because I never use it. Atom doesn’t have native capabilities for any language, so if you are asking about support for a language, it almost always involves a package.