How can we fix the dynamic-link library (DLL) search order hijacking in Electron Js apps?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Create a symbolic link. It should point to the …/ directive that you have previously used in “System32” within your C:\Users folder when you installed electron. This is already done for you upon installation under AppData.

As far as hijacking is concerned it is recommended that you create a reg-ex using snippets. Preg Match can be complicated and result in all kinds of call stack errors especially when testing executables. Do you know how to program in perl???

No much knowledge in perl, you can share the information links or examples in order to ensure the electron app should look system dlls only in C:\Windows\System32 or C:\Windows\SysWOW64.

Thanks!

Syswow dll files are dynamically configured wireless network or WLAN add-on and cache configuration files that store data collection sets or blocks of data that pertain to your Wireless router, wifi connection, LAN or proxy server(s) settings. These are read only files prior to being signed and given attributes to other data sets. One core function of DLL files is to protect against unknown and outside callers say from accessing secure or high priority files and (DDOS attacks) from flooding your LM connection(s) and causing an interruption cycle or changing the state of a process to hanging allowing your networks security settings to become exposed and ultimately allow SQL injections or for someone to steal sensitive data allowing full access to your web browser, desktop and nearly everything except for your registry.

So why are you worried about electron DLL configuration? This has more to do with security logs than the interface or terminal. If you would like to know more about how cookies and session variables work I can help but it sounds like what you’re talking about is the architecture of the application upon install I.e. runtime commands… Not the application itself or it’s many functions. I recommend sticking with the following:
Users/AppData
C:/Windows/Program Files
And objectives. What are you trying to accomplish?

Note: 64-bit and syswow64 do not have any parallels that cannot be handled in or by Windows/Program Files

So avoid the headache!

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Security team has raised this concern and how we can prevent hijacking from the application installed/loaded directory based on above said post. i am unable to add the link here again.

1 Like

Ok say someone hijacks a background running process or task that is dynamically linked to slack or a different application. The software or executable side of this will only render it possible for a hacker to obtain LOGS. Not actual raw data. Meaning your password and authentic username or the account you created when you install the program is encrypted and therefore would take far more time to dpkg or debug assuming you have your application running. I’m not saying it isn’t possible I just doubt that these are stolen rather than “shared”.

Usernames and passwords are not accessible through identifiable blocks of information (modules) on the client side of the server. They would have to be using some kind of a modrewrite with raw data, session variables, user account, IP and Mac address… NOBODY is going to hack your account using Windows powershell, it could be remotely accessed but that makes the maintainer or developer just as vulnerable as any end user. I would be more concerned with signed certificates that your web browser requires to host your .DLL executables on your device. The architecture is standalone. That’s why they made EULA. To protect privacy rights surrounding say Visual Basic. All an attacker is really able to do is copy, mimic your connection and flood your DNS or traffic i.e. redirect your queries (requests) based on SEO. Maintainers. You’re still performing a search. Grouppol.exe to create policies based on SID or perfmon.exe to monitor your executables. There are hundreds of ways to synchronize calls, methods, attributes, objects, elements, events or tasks. Your C:/Wimdows/Common directory is a built in on windows systems. Or is it program files can’t recall. Your registry is a completely work. Altering the GUIDs state within .DLL named file(s) is a bit of a stretch even for a pro. It would be about as easy as an sql injection within the system bios.

There’s another 3rd party application well several really that can translate these attributes into a callback performance log translated from hexadecimal. You can encrypted information but every change made to the shell is logged and recycled way faster than your modems firewall can handle. It’s wasted energy worrying about theft. Hackers were skilled in the 70’s early 80’s but it evolved into generations of practical jokers that everyone wants to call a nerd or a wiz.