How can I systematically update all package versions listed in Atom's package.json?

Hi,

Is there a way to systematically update all package versions listed in Atom’s package.json? I ask because that way I can make a custom build of Atom with only the latest Atom core packages installed. I have filed a feature request, asking that the ability to update package versions listed in Atom’s package.json be added to APM. I was wondering if anyone has a way of achieving this here and now (as opposed to in the future after this feature is added to APM).

Thanks for your time,
Brenton

I assume that the package.json in the Atom repo gets updated every time a core package does.

Yep, but what if I want to update the core packages listed in the package.json for a given version of Atom (e.g., 1.8.0)?

Possible duplicate of

Thanks @idleberg, you are correct. This is a duplicate of the topic you linked.

The short answer to your question @fusion809 is that you shouldn’t attempt to upgrade Core packages separate from the version of Atom they are designed to work with. If you want newer versions of the packages, you can start using the Beta channel or building from source. Doing something different essentially makes you unsupportable.

We like to unify similar discussions under one topic so that people don’t have to read a bunch of different threads to get the whole story. Please continue the discussion in the topic linked above. I’ll be closing this topic as duplicate.

This topic was automatically closed after 24 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.