I’m thinking of dropping Sublime and using Atom. One of the things that would prevent me from doing this would be the lack of a custom grammar that I have in Sublime, so I converted it to Atom, and it works great. Until it doesn’t.
I have absolutely no idea why, but sometimes it simply stops working for a specific file. Once it does, I haven’t been able to figure out how to “restart” it again with that file. I can copy and paste the content into a new file, though, and it works fine. The files are identical (I checked with md5sum). And then at some point…the new file stops working.
- many, many restarts of Atom (quit and restart)
- switching the grammar to plain text and then back to the custom grammar
- remove all but a handful of lines from the file
- taking the grammar down to a single, simple/simplistic match
- checking the Dev Tools console for errors (there were none)
I’m about ready to rip my hair out. I don’t even know how to begin to figure this out. I really, really like Atom, but I can’t use it without this custom grammar. Any help would be greatly appreciated – thanks!