This picture explains it pretty well. I can see the shadow around the window, but no contents.
Let me clarify about the “Clean install”:
- I installed Atom a couple of years ago, and I don’t remember how. It was a little slow, so I kept using Sublime Text every day.
- I decided to try it again, and the old installation did what you see here: Opened with no window contents visible.
- I tried to uninstall by looking for and deleting the following
- Restarted my MacBook Pro
- Then I downloaded a fresh zip of the Mac app from https://atom.io
- Unzipped, dragged to Applications, and opened it.
- No change at all. smh
So, I’d love to love this editor, but I’m having a hard time. Any help? Could I possibly uninstall it any harder? Are there known conflicts other software? I use homebrew and npm, and may have a different directory configured, or version that’s different from Atom’s expectation.