2015 brought a lot of interesting things to the Atom community. v1.0 was released. We went from v0.166.0 to v1.4.0-beta3. There have been massive improvements in performance. Tons of bug fixes. And much more:
- The Shadow DOM was made the default
- Atom added JS support
- The Atom Flight Manual was released
- Atom Shell became Electron
- Since May we’ve gone from having 1,861 to 3,391 packages
- Since May we’ve gone from having 596 to 990 themes
- The autocomplete-plus package was added
- Significant performance improvements
- Atom added development channels
- And still more!
I’m privileged to be working with such a vibrant and dynamic open source community. Thanks everyone for your hard work, suggestions, documentation fixes and all your other ideas and contributions! May 2016 be an even better year for all of us!