Hang on launch, MacOS 10.9.2

Blank window comes up on launch. Application menu items unresponsive except for “About”.

Eventually a dialog appears, saying:

Editor is not responding

The editor is not responding. Would you like to force close it or just keep waiting?

Keeping waiting doesn’t seem to help.

Oops, omitted the version of Atom, which is 0.69.0.

You might want to try moving your ~/.atom directory somewhere temporarily. If that doesn’t fix your problem let me know.

Sadly, didn’t work. Now when I open the app, no window appears at all and the only application menu I see is “Atom” with the items: Reload, Close Window, Toggle Dev Tools, and Quit.

Choosing Quit gives me a blank white window and the “Editor is not responding” dialog. Choosing the other options gives me an “uncaughtException” dialog box. (It tells me I’m too new of a user to upload the image, but if it will be helpful I can upload elsewhere.)

I’m having the same issue. I was installing some new packages. After a while I quit and encountered that problem.

I’ve tried moving the .atom folder and deleting the app itself and re-installing but it’s still unresponsive.

The error I’m getting is:

TypeError: Object #<Object> has no method 'focusedWindow' at submenu.click (/Applications/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app/src/browser/application-menu.js:139:37) at MenuItem.click (/Applications/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/browser/api/lib/menu-item.js:38:18) at delegate.executeCommand (/Applications/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/browser/api/lib/menu.js:78:31)

It came back to life. I’m not sure how or why, I opened a file with Atom and it fired up, so then I put my old .atom folder back and it still works. Crazy world.