Getting Electron.app

So I downloaded the latest release from here: https://github.com/atom/electron/releases/tag/v0.25.1 … now how do I get the Electron.app? I have done this before with atom-shell v.0.20.6, but now it’s just not coming to me…

For more info on what I’m talking about, somehow, I downloaded the 0.20.6 release and got the Atom.app file so that I could start my app like: ./atom-shell/Atom.app/Contents/MacOS/Atom ./

My goal is to make sure everything is working with the newest release and then package the app, which I will probably have more questions for that :wink:

I appreciate any help possible, I know this is a very noobie question.

Thanks.

I suspect the easiest way is to download a binary using one of the approaches here:

I downloaded the electron-v0.25.1-darwin-x64.zip, unzipped it and inside there was an Electron.app.

Hmmmm, I downloaded the zip as well and this is what is inside:

I don’t see the Electron.app… .and that’s what confuses me because I’ve done this before with atom-shell and like you said the Atom.app was inside.

You downloaded the one that ends with -symbols.zip. You want the next one down :grinning: Native applications (or at least C/C++ compilers) often package debug symbols as a separate file or set of files like what you’re seeing.

Thank you!