Getting current line height of the editor

Does anyone know how to get the current line height of the editor? The @component-line-height variable does not seem to change at all, where as this line height (24px):

which is what I’m looking for, changes with the current zoom level. I need a way to get this programmatically. I’ve tried getting it from a dummy div and adding the line class onto it, but it seems not to set the value explicitly in the class style. Thanks!

What about window.getComputedStyle(line).lineHeight?

There doesn’t seem to be a way to create an element with the line class for some reason. Document.createElement(“div”).classList.add(“line”) doesn’t have any associated styles with it so that didn’t work for me.

You can use

var lineHeight = textEditor.getLineHeightInPixels();

It will return an incorrect value when the text editor’s element hasn’t been attached to the DOM before and/or has been visible.

You should get the same value by doing

Math.floor(atom.config.get('editor.fontSize') * atom.config.get('editor.lineHeight'));

but that depends on chrome specific behaviour (the rounding down) so it wouldn’t be desirable to use it, even though it is more likely to return the correct value :frowning: