Functions of a file as a tree view

Hello everyone !

I just installed Atom :slight_smile: I come from Geany and looked for some python speciallized IDE: I found you ! :smiley:
There is something I miss from Geany, maybe I just didn’t found it…

Is there any package or buit-il option to have a second tab to the tree-view that shows the variables/functions in the current file ? Or in the current project with variables/functions showed as files in a folder ?

I saw the shortcut ctrl+R to display the functions in the file, but I prefer the tree-view option that do not hide the project and allows to have an overview of all variables/functions by writing.

Out of topic, but I just wanted to say that I really enjoy the Atom themes richness :smiley:

I found this older thread:

And this package is mentioned:

I haven’t tried it, but it looks like it gives you that separate panel interface you’re looking for.

Searching through the packages seems to bring up other projects that might be useful to play with too: https://atom.io/packages/search?q=symbols.

Hope this gives you a good starting point :v:

Out of topic, but I just wanted to say that I really enjoy the Atom themes richness :smiley:

:raised_hands: :art:

YES ! That is exactly what I was looking for ! Thank you, I may have used the wrong keywords :slight_smile:

Hope this gives you a good starting point :v:

Yep ! I just have problems by changing shortcuts (I can’t overwrite original ones) and I think I don’t understand how works my python-debugging package… But I really like this “packages system” to customize the program :slight_smile:

Thanks for answering !!