FTP connection per project

Hi there,

I’m looking for a new code-editor and am trying out Atom… So far pretty cool… However there is something pretty basic which seems to be missing… Maybe I just can’t find how to do it…

Before I was using dreamweaver and I had a list of sites and each site has it’s own FTP settings… pretty easy to switch between sites. And I have quite a few to maintain at work…

However I just can’t seem to find how to set up an ftp connection per project folder.

I already installed the package remote-ftp… but that’s for one connection right?

Can anyone help me please? :slight_smile:

many thanks
Ben

One connection per project folder. Isn’t that what you want? I use atom-commander. I like the side-by-side file view that’s completely separate from my tree view.

I’m in the same boat. I’ve been using BBEdit for 20+ years but want to switch to using Atom. I have remote-ftp installed and created the configuration file. I see where it makes a connection and everything looks ok (notice is green saying connection remote-FTP Connected). The problem is I don’t get a file listing. I have the toggle setting clicked and see the remote window next to the project folder to the left but it is blank. I’ve tried everything I can think of (including removing and reinstalling both Atom and remote-FTP) to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

James

If everything looks normal, you can show someone else your configuration and have them try to make a connection (you may want to create a new account on your service or create a temporary password or hope that the person who helps you is benevolent, because troubleshooting could require making a connection to the exact same server with the exact same configuration). You also have the option of looking at other packages to see if one works for you.

I was really looking forward to switching to Atom…

But there’s basic features which just don’t seem to work as I want them to…

I really want to switch from dreamweaver & although dreamweaver is really heavy & bloated imo, it does the basics right…

I’m not asking much:

• I want a project tree that keeps my projects
  • I want to be able to make a different ftp connection depending on which project is open…

I’ve tried several packages & still can’t get this very simple configuration to work …

Looks like I’ll be trying out sublime text next!

project-viewer is really good for that.

I want to be able to make a different ftp connection depending on which project is open…

Have you tried the one I suggested? Have you read my response to your post about how remote-ftp does exactly what you’re asking for?

I’ve tried several packages & still can’t get this very simple configuration to work …

Why don’t you try to troubleshoot on the forum instead of making a noisy exit?

Sorry there, I just got a bit frustrated, been trying different packages for some hours…

I have to admit, that project-viewer is really really good, in combination with remote-ftp it works exactly as I want it to :wink:

Thanks for your help & time!

I’m going to try to use Atom as from now on, fingers crossed, I guess I just need some more patience!!

No problem. :slight_smile: