From DW CS6/CC to Atom - Get/Put and Recordset functionality in Atom?

Hello all,

I have just started to use Atom as an alternative to Dreamweaver for a work project. A classic ASP web app of sorts was created about a decade ago in Dreamweaver using recordsets and ADODB to pull the data, then displayed using JS/HTML. I was taught to use Dreamweaver for the year I have been here but I am looking to get us away from Dreamweaver in favour of Atom.

Are there any packages that do the following time-saving Dreamweaver functions?

• Get/Put filesfrom a local storage server
  • ADODB Recordset creation using SQL
  • Server behaviors such as repeat regions ,etc

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

How do you access the server?

ADODB Recordset creation using SQL

I’ve found these Node packages, so if someone were to integrate them into an Atom package, Atom would be able to do this.

Server behaviors such as repeat regions ,etc

Based on the Google results, “repeat region” seems to be a database term. Your database software will handle those, and if the library that gets used to interface with the DB has access to that kind of feature, then so can Atom.

We have network hard drives that store all the files for the web app. In a browser we then connect either by the name given in IIS.

Brilliant. I’ll check those out. Thank you.

Yes, however, Dreamweaver has an option of sorts that automatically adds the code as follows:

<%
Dim Repeat1__numRows
Dim Repeat1__index

Repeat1__numRows = -1
Repeat1__index = 0
rsStsApp_numRows = rsStsApp_numRows + Repeat1__numRows
%>

<% 
While ((Repeat1__numRows <> 0) AND (NOT rsStsApp.EOF)) 
%>

<div class="content">
Blah blah blah with references to record set number: <%=(rsStsApp.Fields.Item("Number").Value)%>
</div>

<% 
  Repeat1__index=Repeat1__index+1
  Repeat1__numRows=Repeat1__numRows-1
  rsStsApp.MoveNext()
Wend
%>

Is there a package that allows for that? Or maybe even something I could make myself as a Snippet to insert such functionality? If not, I’m curious if I could make something for ATOM that could do that :thinking:

Thnak you for replying.

It also should be of note I use the term “web app” very loosely. It’s practically a website with Microsoft T-SQL database connections via Classic ASP. Possibly ancient in comparison to newer ASP.NET C# methods for web apps.

Apparently IIS supports FTP, so you should be able to use any FTP package. I recommend atom-commander.

Or maybe even something I could make myself as a Snippet to insert such functionality?

Atom has snippet support built-in.