Just to clarify I’m on a 2014 iMac with an i5, I’ve disabled all but the default packages to no avail. This occurs with only 1 200 line JS file open.
- Can you reproduce the issue after exiting all instances of Atom and starting using
- How much RAM do you have on your machine? (I have a Core i7 Retina iMac with 32GB of RAM and a 2011 13-inch MacBook Pro with 8GB of RAM and don’t see this.)
- Safe mode seems to have the same issue, but with a significantly lower spike ( 30 - 40% instead of 100% ). So the UI is actually usable in safe mode.
- 16GB, its not a low end machine by any stretch( although it is using a hybrid drive not a SSD )memory usage seems much higher than 0.188 but its not causing usability problems yet.
Issue is 100% reproducible, I’ve tried closing atom completely multiple times:
- Open atom
- Open a file
- Scroll around on any tab(including package manager & settings)
- Refresh rate drops dramatically intermittently