Folding shortcuts don't work

Hi. I’m new to Atom and I like it very much. So, wanting replace Netbeans IDE with Atom I’m trying to setup some feature I need. One of them is code folding/unfolding that works like a charm using the menu commands (I like a lot I can choose the level to fold/unfold).
But the keyboard shortcuts just don’t work: ctrl-alt-[, ctrl-alt-], ctrl-alt-{, ctrl-alt-} just print brackets and curlybraces without folding the code.
Googling a lot I found there’s some problem with non-US keyboards and the mine is spanish. But it looks like the other had a problem completely different: thay wanted disable native keybindings in order to can type some character with their German or Polish keyboard. On the contrary, I want just to use native keybindings but currently they don’t work for folding and unfolding functions (ctrl-a, for instance, works fine and the same I can tell about increasing/decreasing font size).
To be clear, when I type ctrl-alt-[ I get a couple of brackets [] instead of have the current row folded or unfolded. Nothing at all happens if I use ctrl-alt-shift-[
Am I missing something crucial?
Thank you so much for your help.

The easiest thing might be to change the keybindings so that they don’t use alt.

Hi Damned Scholar. Thank your trying to help.
I’m wondering why you’re saying that.
I overrride some keybinding in my keymap.cson and I have seen the problem seems to be inherent not to Alt key but to brackets, curliybraces, apostro`phes and so on.

For instance, replacing ctrl-alt-{ (edior:fold-all) with ctrl-alt-shift-F works fine. The same I did for other keybindings, such as editor:fold-current-row, replacing ctrl-alt-[ with ctrl-alt-f.

So the problem seems to reside in punctuation signs instead of special keys. I have a spanish keyboards but I don’ have any problem at all using it within the editor: it is fully supported and I can type any char I need: the issues arise only with keybindings. Very strange, I think.

Because the common interactions with foreign-language keyboards that I’ve read about have had to do with the Alt Gr key.

So the problem seems to reside in punctuation signs instead of special keys. I have a spanish keyboards but I don’ have any problem at all using it within the editor: it is fully supported and I can type any char I need: the issues arise only with keybindings. Very strange, I think.

I’m not sure why it’s happening, aside from the apparent translation funkiness.

I see. Well I’ll go ahead overriding keybindings: the important thing is to make it work :slight_smile: