Fixing Package - linter-python-pep8

Hi

I would like to fix this package it appears abandoned. Not quite understanding what to do and don’t want to put a pull request or upload a new package that’s broken.

From the error.

Package.activateConfig - C:\Users\sayth\AppData\Local\atom\app-0.211.0\resources\app.asar\src\package.js:265:11
Package.activateNow - C:\Users\sayth\AppData\Local\atom\app-0.211.0\resources\app.asar\src\package.js:236:14
<unknown> - C:\Users\sayth\AppData\Local\atom\app-0.211.0\resources\app.asar\src\package.js:221:30
Package.measure - C:\Users\sayth\AppData\Local\atom\app-0.211.0\resources\app.asar\src\package.js:165:15
Package.activate - C:\Users\sayth\AppData\Local\atom\app-0.211.0\resources\app.asar\src\package.js:213:14
PackageManager.activatePackage - C:\Users\sayth\AppData\Local\atom\app-0.211.0\resources\app.asar\src\package-manager.js:452:21

and

"activationCommands": {
    "atom-workspace": ["foo:bar", "foo:baz"],
    "atom-text-editor": ["foo:quux"]
  }

is that really this packages only error if I am looking at the package.json?

{
  "name": "linter-python-pep8",
  "linter-package": true,
  "main": "./lib/init",
  "version": "0.2.0",
  "description": "Linting Python files on the fly using pep8 command",
  "activationEvents": [],
  "repository": "https://github.com/bsnux/linter-python-pep8",
  "license": "MIT",
  "engines": {
    "atom": ">0.50.0"
  },
  "dependencies": {}
}

I just don’t see a cson file to create the activation link too.

package.json

If you’re talking about the deprecation … just remove the line that says activationEvents. Since it doesn’t have any activation commands, you don’t need to do any conversion.

To answer your other question, if the package is indeed abandoned and you don’t get any maintainer of its repo respond to your PR, I suppose you could fork it and publish your own version of it.

I have done a PR so well give it a few days otherwise will fork it.

We have quite a few linters for Python. Just goto https://atomlinter.github.io and click Python there and you’ll get a list of python linters.