I have been facing issues with the Find in Project feature. The content of the template files that are present inside the apm folder never turn up in a search at the root level directory “atom”. However on selecting the “apm” folder and doing a search in directory it gives me the required file in which the search word is present.
Another weird behaviour with the Find in project Feature is as follows. I am not sure how to frame this so I will illustrate the steps that lead to this behaviour.
- Open the apm folder inside the atom directory in atom.
2)Ctr+Shift+F the keyword “Alive”. You do not get any results.
- Navigate to the folder apm/node-modules/atom-package-manager/templates within the tree view.
- Now right click on the “templates” folder and do a “Find in Project” for the Keyword “Alive”.
- Now you get the correct search results indicating the locations where the keyword is present.
- Now click back on the parent folder “apm” and perform a “Find in Project” for the keyword “Alive”. This time the search results appear.
Am i missing the functionality of how these features work or is it some issue with the search features. My apologies on not being able to frame it in a cleaner and less verbose manner.
Any insights will be appreciated. A lot of time got wasted due to the false results of these features.