Find from tree view?

the find shortcut (ctrl+f) does not seem to work while tree view selected? (as it is after choosing a file)
the find in project shortcut (ctrl+shift+f) does

thanks

What would you expect ctrl-F to do on the tree? Search for filenames? Actually that sounds kind of useful.

There’s already the fuzzy-finder for finding files in the project unless you mean to find them and highlight them in the tree view?

That’s what I meant but the fuzzy finder is better.

I agree the fuzzy-finder is better, but an incremental search kind of thing in the tree-view might be cool in certain kinds of projects with lots of repeat names.

Now that I think about it, seeing the context of the tree would be nice, It would also be nice to work on directories, which fuzzy-bear doesn’t.

What would you expect ctrl-F to do on the tree? Search for filenames? Actually that sounds kind of useful.

i personally would like it to perform a find on the active file… like visual studio. since the only reason the tree view is selected is because i was choosing a file to search in…

and since that key is assigned to open the find window and it was pressed and had no effect…

1. choose file
  2. find

or:

1. choose file
  2. find keybind disabled until you ‘activate’ the file you just selected and opened
  3. find

keymap.cson

'.tree-view':
  'ctrl-f': 'unset!'

works