Find and replace issue with "Only in selection" enabled

I have enabled “Finding with Options: Regex, Case Insensitive, Within Current Selection” and want to select parts of actual text to do the same search and replace (in my case “\n” for “<br />”.

First time I do it, all work fine when clicking on “Replace all”. However, when I select a new block of text and click “Replace all”, that button is like “greyed” and nothing happens till I toggle on and off any of the options for finding.

:frowning:

Update: Moreover, if I have a block (part) of text selected and toggle, for example, “Case sensitive” on and off and on, text selected is deselected :sweat: so I need to select it again!!!

To confirm - I have seen this naughty behaviour in Atom V1.19.0 on Windows too.
The trouble-maker is the “within current selection”

What OS and which version of Atom do you have?

OpenSUSE Tumbleweed with Atom 1.19.0-beta7

~ you do know the stable release is already on V1.19.1 - right?

Tested quickly in V1.20 Beta 2 on Windows 7. There it does work different and better.
Not sure if it exactly what one would expect though.

I didn’t know. I was installing from a external OpenSUSE repository. I will try just now downloading from atom.io, thank you!!!

v1.20 beta 3 on OpenSUSE, and exactly the same issues.

1. First time I click on “Replace all”, it works fine. However, when I select a new block of text and click “Replace all”, that button is like “greyed” and nothing happens till I toggle on and off any of the options for finding, but that have another issue, then next point:

2. A selected text, is deselected each time I toggle “Options” buttons for “Find and replace” (like “Regex” or “Case Insensitive”), despite I have “In selected text” enabled
    imagen

The repo for the find-and-replace package is the place to go with bug reports. The devs are more likely to see it there.

This sounds like a variation on this already open issue:

As someone suggested, I create a new post in https://github.com/atom/find-and-replace/issues/942 that seams to be the right place …
I would close or delete this thread, but don’t know how, sorry.

Only mods can do that.

Closed by request.