Find all like Sublime?

What I like on Sublime Text is issuing a “find all” and multiline edit all the found text. Is this supported on Atom ?

Multiple Selections

Can you be a little more specific for those of us who haven’t used Sublime in a couple years? :grinning:

It’s called select all.

To set your own shortcut in your keymap file:

'atom-text-editor':
  'cmd-shift-a': 'find-and-replace:select-all'

No this is different or at least it’s not work as expected…

In ST it’s call regular search on document, where you can enter, for example, regexp and then click Find All, and editor will select all matches, and you can click ctrl+c and copy this matches to another document

@Hronom indeed, “Select all” uses a selected text to find the matches. If you need to use regex you have to use the search panel like in Sublime.

You can open it with CMD or CONTROL + F depending if you are on Windows or Mac.

@Pier Sure, I can.
But I talk about functionality “Find all”, where all matched results are selected. It’s like “Find” + “Select all”. Like “Replace all” but instead of replacing do “multi-select”.

If it’s not clear enough try to install ST. Or ping me I add screenshot or small video about this feature, this is very useful and I think easy to implement.

Update

I find video for you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZpdpmWjZck

Atom does this. Open the Find and Replace panel, search for something, and then use Find -> Select All, just as @Pier said.

For example I have next document:

hello
world
hello
world
hello
world
hekoo
world
hello
world
hoooooopo

Try Find with regexp h.*o and then Select All and you get:

hello
hello
hello
hello

But Find all give this result:

hello
hello
hello
hekoo
hello
hoooooopo

Thank you for sticking with this Hronom. Your latest example illustrates the real difference between Atom and Sublime when it comes to the Find function. This functionality is something I’m sorely missing since switching to Atom. It would be really great to have this Sublime feature added.

No problem guys, I’m happy to help to make this editor more awesome

I’m not sure that it’s exactly what you’re looking for, but when converting I found this package helped bridge that gap a little bit and is aimed to reproduce Sublime Text-esque functionality.

Highlight-Selected

Well try to read previous posts, I have explained a lot about what I and other users miss in Atom.
Thanks for your suggestion but this plugin didn’t close the gap in Atom.

Make sure I’m search a lot for plugins that close the gap, but no results.
And this is one of the core features that editor must have.

Month since not done yet, how much effort needed to implement this?

How much effort would it take for you to implement it?