Files referenced by symbolic links cannot be searched

I have a local snazzy debugging environment which made up entirely of symbolic links to files which are held under version control in various projects. This set up has been working fine in previous editors, however Atom seems to have a few issues with the symbolic link. I cannot make directory searches and cannot select a file or folder to “Show in Folder”.

It is a shame as I’m really enjoying Atom, but this loss of functionality might mean I have to revert back to my old editor.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

I don’t have a solution, but just to note, I’ve got the same very problem with the same use case: a project I’m editing in Atom in a repository contains mostly symbolic links to files elsewhere in the repository. I’d not like to make the project I track in Atom the entire repository as there are lots of unrelated resource files in there.

I don’t have a solution, but just to note, I’ve got the same very problem with a similar use case

No solution. Same problem.

I’d recommend filing a bug on the find-and-replace package and linking it back here.