Files edited in other programs do not show the "changed since last commit" indicators when opened in Atom

http://imgur.com/Y0G5Lcr

If I edit a file directly in Atom I see the indicators.

If I edit a file in another program then open it in Atom later to see what I changed recently, I don’t see the indicators.

I can’t reproduce this using Atom v1.2.0-dev-daca18f on Mac OS X 10.10.5.

Have you followed the suggestions in the Debugging document? Also, could you give the following information?

• Which version of Atom are you using?
  • What OS and version are you running?
  • Do you have Emmet installed?
  • Can you reproduce the issue after completely exiting Atom and restarting using atom --safe?

I tried:

1. With a project open in Atom, but not the specific file, edit the file with TextEdit (OS X’s basic text editor) and save it. The file in the tree view showed that it had been changed when I switched back to Atom and when opened in Atom the line I inserted was highlighted properly.
  2. With Atom completely closed, edit the file with TextEdit and save it. After starting Atom, the file in the tree view showed that it had been changed. When I opened the file in Atom the line I inserted was highlighted properly.

Can you be more specific about your repro steps? Maybe there is something different in how we are performing the process.

Thanks leedohm.

Atom v1.0.19
I tried checking for an update in the menu but it says I have the latest version.
OSX 10.10.5
I do not have Emmet installed.

Started Atom with --safe and it worked properly.
Started Atom without --safe and it worked properly.

It had been about 4 days since I last restarted Atom.