Fetching featured packages failed

Unable to fetch featured packages.
I’m able to search packages but I get the same issue when trying to install a new package.
I’ve reinstalled Atom and installed shell commands. Not sure where to go from here.

Output:

/private/var/folders/1b/pjjy_wc91p9891hkhnfxzr880000gn/T/AppTranslocation/182922AC-2C3F-4230-AC0F-620776181221/d/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app/apm/bin/apm: line 6: dirname: command not found
/private/var/folders/1b/pjjy_wc91p9891hkhnfxzr880000gn/T/AppTranslocation/182922AC-2C3F-4230-AC0F-620776181221/d/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app/apm/bin/apm: line 9: dirname: command not found
/private/var/folders/1b/pjjy_wc91p9891hkhnfxzr880000gn/T/AppTranslocation/182922AC-2C3F-4230-AC0F-620776181221/d/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app/apm/bin/apm: line 10: basename: command not found

The presence of AppTranslocation in your error message path indicates that you haven’t deposited Atom in the /Applications folder, which is where Mac expects applications to run from (executables running from other parts of the filesystem, especially removable media and Downloads, are security risks). You should place it there and reopen it, then see if you can load packages.

I thought that might be the issue. I did inintailly open Atom from the downloads folder, but have since reinstalled it.
These errors are continuing to happen while it’s in the /Applications folder. Like there’s something that I didn’t remove when I uninstalled Atom and reinstalled in the /Application folder. I’m just not sure what needs to be done.

If you’re getting AppTranslocation errors from something loading from /Applications, that’s very weird. You could try looking at this thread to delete all of the associated files that Atom apparently creates on Mac.

Still getting the same issue after removing everything and reinstalling.

Deleted the following:
~/.atom
/usr/local/bin/atom
/usr/local/bin/apm
/Applications/Atom.app
~/Library/Preferences/com.github.atom.plist
~/Library/Application Support/com.github.atom.ShipIt
~/Library/Application Support/Atom
~/Library/Saved Application State/com.github.atom.savedState
~/Library/Caches/com.github.atom
~/Library/Caches/Atom

Since I don’t have access to any Macs, I can’t attempt to replicate this, and I’ve exhausted the questions I know to ask.

How are you starting Atom? From the command line or from Spotlight? Is there any difference if you start Atom by specifically double clicking it from the Applications/ directory?

I’ve been starting from the Applications directory. Have not tried any other method.

Hmmm, can you share the output of this command?

ls -l `which atom`