Failed to spawn command pep8 when file is open from Finder, works from shell

When i open a python file with Atom by double-cliking on it, it tells an error:
"Failed to spawn command pep8. Make sure pep8 is installed and on your PATH"
and precisely

Uncaught BufferedProcessError: Failed to spawn command `pep8`. Make sure `pep8` is installed and on your PATH
/Applications/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app/src/buffered-process.js:100 Uncaught BufferedProcessError: Failed to spawn command `pep8`. Make sure `pep8` is installed and on your PATH/Applications/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app/src/buffered-process.js:100 (anonymous function)events.js:107 emitchild_process.js:1066 ChildProcess._handle.onexitchild_process.js:1138 (anonymous function)node.js:386 _tickCallback

if i open the file from terminal, everything works.

any idea? it’s probably something with environments or variable that atom cannot load in the first case.

This is an issue with OS X. Applications inherit a different environment depending on whether they are started from a shell or from an icon. See:

it works only if i open from terminal, which is not a solution since i use mostly atom to open file via finder.
is there a solution? the other topic was closed saying that it was solved but “starting atom from shell” every time is not a solution for me.

Yes, if you read the Stack Overflow topic that was linked in the other topic, it has a solution that does not include “starting atom from shell” every time. I’ll link it here again:

Once again, there is nothing Atom can do about this. This is the way that OS X works. Please read the Stack Overflow issue for the solution.