Errors when installing a plugin

I’m having an issue installing one plugin, other packages are not having any issues.

I have already opened an issue with the package and been directed here

the issue with the error logs in it can be found here: https://github.com/noseglid/autocomplete-java-minus/issues/8

Does the C:\Users\phill\.atom\packages\autocomplete-java-minus\node_modules\first-mate\node_modules\oniguruma directory exist? If so, what does the package.json say?

You might be able to use the oniguruma from C:\Users\phill\AppData\Local\atom\app-1.9.9\resources\app\apm\node_modules\first-mate\node_modules\oniguruma.

C:\Users\phill.atom\packages\autocomplete-java-minus does not exist on my system (autocomplete-java-minus is the package that’s failing so I’m assuming atom is cleaning all this up when it fails.

not sure how i can use that version to help?

Okay, I thought that it was a dependency installation on first activation like some other packages do based on this line.

luckily Atom try’s to install this every time I open it so if something changes ill know straight away…

Try apm install autocomplete-java-minus and tell me what it says. If that fails, you’ll just have to download the source code and install it manually.

not sure how i can use that version to help?

Because you have it already on your system. If you can’t build it from source, you can use the prebuilt one.

Try apm install autocomplete-java-minus and tell me what it says. If that fails, you’ll just have to download the source code and install it manually.

Running this from the console give me the same error message as in the ticket so no change there.

not sure how i would go about installing from source

I tested and can’t install this as well. My error. MSBUILD : error MSB3428: Could not load the Visual C++ component "VCBuild.exe"

I know I can probably try installing that stuff and trying again, but it seems like an over the top dependency for just installing a package for java autocompletion?

Download the source code and use apm install from within the directory. Only, because oniguruma isn’t building for you, copy the whole first-mate directory that Atom uses and drop that in first.

That’s something to take up with the package author. I don’t know why first-mate is a dependency.

ok so just on a whim, i downloaded the source and with out copying first-mate I ran apm install and it worked fine

any ideas what could have cause that?

I haven’t the foggiest. :smiley:

awesome, the plugin is not working still (its not actually doing anything), and i haven’t got any error prompts so I’m tapping out at this point as well.

Because the Windows OS doesn’t include build tools with the base installation, installing packages that depend on native modules (like it appears to be in this case) can be problematic. The best bet is to install everything under Requirements here:

Then try to install it again.