Error trying to install package

Hi, every time I try to install a package it throws me an error and I can not install any … this comes to me when trying to install emmet

"npm ERR! not a package C:\Users\Thomas\AppData\Local\Temp\d-117512-2056-1hs64gb.m5vrvygb9\package.tgz
npm ERR! addLocal Could not install C:\Users\Thomas\AppData\Local\Temp\d-117512-2056-1hs64gb.m5vrvygb9\package.tgz
npm ERR! Windows_NT 10.0.14393
npm ERR! argv “C:\Users\Thomas\AppData\Local\atom\app-1.16.0\resources\app\apm\bin\node.exe” “C:\Users\Thomas\AppData\Local\atom\app-1.16.0\resources\app\apm\node_modules\npm\bin\npm-cli.js” “–globalconfig” “C:\Users\Thomas\.atom\.apm\.apmrc” “–userconfig” “C:\Users\Thomas\.atom\.apmrc” “install” “C:\Users\Thomas\AppData\Local\Temp\d-117512-2056-1hs64gb.m5vrvygb9\package.tgz” “–runtime=electron” “–target=1.3.13” “–arch=x64” "–global-style"
npm ERR! node v6.9.5
npm ERR! npm v3.10.5
npm ERR! path C:\Users\Thomas\AppData\Local\Temp\npm-3904-f471be3a\unpack-5d7de2cc\package.json
npm ERR! code ENOENT
npm ERR! errno -4058
npm ERR! syscall open

npm ERR! enoent ENOENT: no such file or directory, open 'C:\Users\Thomas\AppData\Local\Temp\npm-3904-f471be3a\unpack-5d7de2cc\package.json’
npm ERR! enoent ENOENT: no such file or directory, open 'C:\Users\Thomas\AppData\Local\Temp\npm-3904-f471be3a\unpack-5d7de2cc\package.json’
npm ERR! enoent This is most likely not a problem with npm itself
npm ERR! enoent and is related to npm not being able to find a file.
npm ERR! enoent

npm ERR! Please include the following file with any support request:
npm ERR! C:\Users\Thomas\AppData\Local\Temp\apm-install-dir-117512-2056-ptwtal.vhwu9s5rk9\npm-debug.log"

please help

What is the console command you are using to reproduce this issue?

That happens when I try install a package

There is a lot that we don’t currently know about the situation. Does this happen with all packages or just emmet? Did it start recently? Are you doing it from within Atom or from the command line? If it’s from the command line, what exactly are you typing? If it’s from within Atom, please enter apm install emmet into the command line and report to us the entirety of the output. What does C:\Users\Thomas\AppData\Local\Temp\apm-install-dir-117512-2056-ptwtal.vhwu9s5rk9\npm-debug.log say? What versions of Windows and Atom are you using?

And a side question: do you have git on your computer?

Most probably is git :slight_smile:

I have windows 10 pro 64bits, it’s happen with all packages and I try from within atom… I don’t know what is apm and how to get it

Get it in*

What is that?

APM is the command line utility for installing packages. You already have it. Please enter apm install emmet into the command prompt and tell us what it says. Please also share with us the contents of C:\Users\Thomas\AppData\Local\Temp\apm-install-dir-117512-2056-ptwtal.vhwu9s5rk9\npm-debug.log.

Git is version control software.

How I get to the command prompt? And there isn’t folder called “apm-install-dir-117512-2056-ptwtal.vhwu9s5rk9” in temp

Check out this article.