#include <stdio.h>
int main() {
printf(“Test”);
return 0;
}

This error appears:

C:\Users\verho\Desktop\test: file not recognized: File format not recognized
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Did you load the dependencies mentioned by the package on https://atom.io/packages/gpp-compiler?

You’re running a file without a file extension, so the compiler has no idea what sort of file it is. You should change test to test.c. You will discover that saving the file with the extension also enables Atom to automatically highlight your code.

Yes, but I dont know how to make it work with Atom. I installed MinGW and add it to my PATH like this: C:\MinGW\bin

I know, I saved that file as .c file, otherwise I wouldnt be able to run it

But it works now?

No, now I have this error:
C:\Users\verho_000\Desktop\test.c: In function ‘main’:
C:\Users\verho_000\Desktop\test.c:3:8: error: stray ‘\342’ in program
printf(“Test”);
^
C:\Users\verho_000\Desktop\test.c:3:9: error: stray ‘\200’ in program
printf(“Test”);
^
C:\Users\verho_000\Desktop\test.c:3:10: error: stray ‘\234’ in program
printf(“Test”);
^
C:\Users\verho_000\Desktop\test.c:3:15: error: stray ‘\342’ in program
printf(“Test”);
^
C:\Users\verho_000\Desktop\test.c:3:16: error: stray ‘\200’ in program
printf(“Test”);
^
C:\Users\verho_000\Desktop\test.c:3:17: error: stray ‘\235’ in program
printf(“Test”);
^
C:\Users\verho_000\Desktop\test.c:3:11: error: ‘Test’ undeclared (first use in this function)
printf(“Test”);
^~~~
C:\Users\verho_000\Desktop\test.c:3:11: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in

Look at the quotes around the word Test. I can’t tell because you haven’t formatted your posts correctly to preserve the precise characters, but it seems likely that you have smart quotes around that word instead of regular quotes. The “” characters are not the same as the "" characters. If you delete them, double-click on Test to highlight it, and press the " key, your string will be quoted correctly. Since you probably don’t have quotes in your code file, the compiler thinks that Test is supposed to be a variable.

Oh, you are right, now it’s working, thank you so much for help and thank you for your time.