Enriched "what you see is what you get" text editor

Hey guy,

I really like Atom, seems like it could provide solutions for all my text editing needs, but I cannot find the proper package (and googling is also hard for this). My goal is to write notes for myself about work, documenting my progress for myself. There is a list of items what I need:

• Simple “what you see is what you get” editor
  • bold, italic, underlined, crossed fonts
  • colored fonts
  • Chapter titles with different sizes as rest of the text
  • outline of chapters on a pane to navigate between them
  • list items with bulletpoints automatically added, and multiple levels of list with changin bullet point characters

I have been using MS Word for a while for this, but I don’t like it. I have also been using Markdown for this, but it is very annoying to not having the “what you see is what you get” feature, only in a different pane. Latex has the same problem as Markdown.

Can you point me in the direction of any solution inside (or maybe even outside) of Atom?

Thanks!
Balázs

There are several toolbar packages that add buttons for text formatting, e.g. markdown-toolbar.

Can you point me in the direction of any solution inside (or maybe even outside) of Atom?

If you’re fine with Markdown and a distraction free interface (= no buttons), take a look at Typora. Otherwise there’s an entire Stack Exchange network for software recommendations:

Thanks! I like really much!