Electron + webrtc

I’m new at electron and javascript. Also new to webRTC. But … the challenge I have is to create an electron application that will pick up audio from a specific windows app. So the use case looks something like this:

a) user running windows 10 launches myelectron app
b) user is able to see a list of running windows application (picking is not important. I can even hard code for now)
c) user selects WindowsAppXYZ… which emits / plays videos / audio
d) we need to be able to capture / show the audio / video from the specific application (wihtout capturing the entire desktop sound / display) in myelectron app.

is webrtc the right way to go? Do have any other suggestions?
Thanks.

2 Likes

PM me if you’d like

howdy corserp

Hey let me know if you get this as I am new here!

i’m seeing your message.

Can you send me a quick like and try to PM me if poss?

1 Like

i actulaly don’t know how to pm… picked your name from the reply options.
but other than that… how can i pm you?

Go to user profile (picture) and click settings the activity and type my username to try sending new message

I mean you click user profile then bookmarks then click any available

sorry i can’t seem to PM you. you can email me? chubbypama@gmail.com and we can chat via gmail.

Try @jldev my name too like I did if you don’t mind …I just saw your message

@corserp do you actually have an answer to my question? Any reason You can’t just post here?

I’m going to PM you, reply to inbox if it works!

Just testing this platform, what site are you on on here? Or is it through your app…

I think I can help

@corserp I see. I’m really sorry but I don’t have time to test this platform. If you have a solution either post here or email me pls? I don’t understand your question when you ask “what site am i on”.

@jldev this is not possible with the built in electron desktopCapturer apis which can capture video only from individual windows or screens. On Windows, it can system audio, but the entire desktop is the one and only option there. All or nothing basically.

This may be possible using native Windows apis, but this is not an electron feature on its own and would be difficult to achieve.