Electron-packager: cannot find module

I trying to package my app using electron-Packager and this command:

electron-packager . FooBar --platform=darwin --arch=x64 --version=0.36.9

(I’m using MacOsx) the app is created but when I run it I get a pop-up showing this:

Uncaught Exception:

Error: Cannot find module '/Users/myUser/myApp/FooBar-darwin-x64/FooBar.app/Contents/Resources/app/app:/host/menu.html'
    at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:338:15)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:289:25)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/Users/myUser/myApp/FooBar-darwin-x64/FooBar.app/Contents/Resources/atom.asar/browser/lib/init.js:158:8)
    at Module._compile (module.js:425:26)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:432:10)
    at Module.load (module.js:356:32)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:313:12)
    at Function.Module.runMain (module.js:457:10)
    at startup (node.js:151:18)
    at node.js:1007:3

in this folder : /Users/myUser/myApp/FooBar-darwin-x64/FooBar.app/Contents/Resources/app there is the entry pointing html file menu.html, but it seems electron cannot find it…

this is my app.js:

var app = require('app');  // Module to control application life.
var BrowserWindow = require('browser-window');  // Module to create native browser window.

var mainWindow = null;

// This method will be called when Electron has done everything
// initialization and ready for creating browser windows.
app.on('ready', function() {

// Create the browser window.
  mainWindow = new BrowserWindow({width: 1024, height: 768});

// and load the index.html of the app.
  mainWindow.loadUrl('file://' + __dirname + '/menu.html');

mainWindow.openDevTools({detach: true});

// Emitted when the window is closed.
  mainWindow.on('closed', function() {
    mainWindow = null;
  });

});

Do you have any ideas on what could be the problem?

Thank you.

Can you show the project tree? and i think mainWindow.on(‘closed’) is running too, try to take off from the running method

Hi, thinks for your reply, this is the project tree:

so menu.html is in the root folder of my project.

Thank you.

And this is the folder tree of the FooBar.app content:

sorry for two replies but I cannot upload more then one picture per reply.

I have also removed the “mainWindow.on(‘closed’,” part… But without luck… same error!

Be careful not to include node_modules you don’t want into your final app. electron-packager, electron-prebuilt and .git will be ignored by default. You can use --ignore to ignore files and folders via a regular expression. For example, --ignore=node_modules/electron-packager or --ignore=“node_modules/(electron-packager|electron-prebuilt)”.

check https://github.com/electron-userland/electron-packager

I dont know if this can solve but I’m lookin for an answer, try to create a small project with one html file and see if you get the same error

these videos can help too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-H2amwQ_pU&list=PL1QRvYV-LXn6ESBl7qm1teB1U1CK1B6gv

Hi Venomlust, I fixed it there was a problem in my package.json file. But thanks for support, I didn’t know about the ignore option, Just stupid question, Is there a way to know which are the module used and which are not?

Thank you

Hmm I not sure what do you mean with “know which are the module used and which are not” I think you can control with Grunt, Browserify, Bower? not sure but if you search on npm theres some packges for optimization or you can just do it by head.

Thank you venomlust!

I am having the same problem.What was the problem in package.json file ??