Electron findInPage highlight

i’m trying to change the highlight color on the matches when found in page, not much luck tho.
any help will be welcome.

Are you asking about Atom, the text editor, or Electron, the application framework?

The title says Electron but yeah… the framework

Can you show the code that you’re using to display the findInPage highlight?

when you use the webContents.findInPage method the highlight happens by default, the results/matches for what you are trying to find are highlighted, and me i want to change that default

I’m not really familiar with how the function works, but have you tried setting ::selection in CSS?

thanks @caffiend but i’ve already tried it, the find method does a selection but using that pseudo does not work for some reason…

Ok, so a would probably just use js to put the results in spans & then css to style these. Like this:

CSS:
`.found {

background-color: yellow;

}`

JS:
var searchfor = "test" ; document.body.innerHTML = document.body.innerHTML.replace(new RegExp(searchfor,'g'),'<span class="found">' + searchfor + ',</span>') ;

This should highlight any occurences of the variable yellow. You can change the hightlight color in the css & the string to search for by changing the variable “searchfor”.
To get best results, I would personaly put it in a function with an argument.
Here is an example:

<html>
<head>
<title>Hmm</title>
<style>

.found {

background-color: yellow;

}

</style>
</head>
<body>

<h1>Testy test</h1>
<p>Some text for testing.</p>
<p>This is a great test!!!</p>
<button type="button" onclick="find(' t' + 'est') ;">Find</button>
<button type="button" onclick="unhighlight(' 't + 'est') ;">Reset</button>

<script type="text/javascript">

function find(searchfor) {

document.body.innerHTML = document.body.innerHTML.replace(new RegExp(searchfor,'g'),'<span class="found">' +     searchfor + '</span>') ;

}

function unhighlight(searchfor) {

document.body.innerHTML = document.body.innerHTML.replace(new RegExp('<span class="found">' + searchfor +     '</span>','g'),searchfor) ;

}

</script>
</body>
</html>

In the buttons, I used ’ t’ + ‘est’ as the argument rather than just ‘test’ because otherwise it would replace that as well.
I hope this helps,
Jacob

i guess that could do the trick, i will try it if i don’t find the root of that highlight… anyways, thanks @JOT85