Don't open previously opened files on new start

That is truly strange. Under Windows10 I have no such problem.
Which version Atom on which OS?

You could add something in the init.coffee file to force the behaviour or create a shortcut for Atom that does what @DamnedScholar suggests.

Thank you for your workaround. I found that if I open atom by clicking it, there is no previous tab, just when I right click a file which under the same folder, atom will open previous files which under the same folder.

I am using windows 10.

If I right click a.txt under folderA and choose open with atom, it opens this file. Then I close atom and open b.txt under folderA with same approach, atom shows a.txt and b.txt.

How ever if right click a.txt under folderA and choose open with atom, it shows a.txt. Then I close atom and open c.txt under folderB, atom only displays c.txt.

That is for right click file and choose open with atom, it will show previous files which under the same folder.

Atom always remembers what files you had open in a folder. If you right-click on the folder and open it in Atom, those files will reopen. If you have a completely blank Atom window and you use File -> Open to open the same folder, those files will reopen. The exception is when you have a project going on and you use Add Project Folder to add a folder you had opened previously. In that case, Atom will not reopen your files because this is considered to be a different project (because it has a different list of project folders).