Doesn't reflect package updates / config changes


#1

Im having the strangest issue where any change I make packages configuration is not reflected on the application.

For example, I had Linter package disabled because it was causing issues. After todays update I enabled it but it still doesn’t work. Also tried reinstalling and even installing new packages and the behaviour is exactly the same - no errors but the newly installed packages show no signs of existence.

I’ve also noticed that Linter does show in console as being active:

activate linter-jshint init.coffee:8

Despite saying that, it doesn’t show any of the expected behaviour.

While looking into this, i’ve noticed I had a “config (conflict …) .cson” in my .atom folder, along with the regular config.cson. The conflict version is what dropbox usually writes when having problems syncing files, I am using Dropbox to sync my Atom preferences, packages, etc.

Can this config.cson have something to do with my problem?

Also tried removing the .compile-cache, .node-gyp and storage folders but that also didn’t made any difference.

Not sure what else to try here.

Thanks for any help.


#2

It’s possible that in the conflict resolution that your config.cson became malformatted. This can cause all kinds of issues, though you should see an error message last I checked …


#3

Can’t see anything wrong with the file.
I guess i’ll have to reinstall everything.


#4

Here’s an example. If you add this to the end of your config.cson:

'test':

And you close and reopen Atom, you’ll notice that everything is reset to the defaults.

There’s a bug on this here:


#5

Hummm, this does confirm there’s something wrong with the file. Some packages I’ve already disabled are now active after inserting the text string.


#6

Well, the default is that no packages are disabled … so that just confirms that you broke it by adding the line I suggested :grinning: I’d just delete or rename your config.cson and see if that fixes your original issues.