Distiguish between tab size and indentation size

Hi,

I’m wondering if it’s possible to distinguish between tab size and indentation size in the Atom Editor. I want to read hard tabs as 8 spaces while indenting is set to 4 spaces. In e.g. QtCreator/Eclipse, these are two separate settings in addition to a tab policy setting where I use spaces only.

The problem is that I am reading a lot of legacy C++ code which was coded with hard tabs and tab size 8 back in the day, while we now have chosen to use spaces only and tab size 4, meaning that the code is misaligned and hard to read when I use the “new standard” and the current available settings in Atom. Currently I have to switch between reading-mode (tab size 8) and coding-mode (tab size 4).

Anyone know a way to solve this so I can use the same settings all the time?

This sounds like a duplicate of this older topic:

See my answer there for more information.

We like to unify similar discussions under one topic so that people don’t have to read a bunch of different threads to get the whole story. Please continue the discussion there. I’ll be closing this topic as duplicate.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.