Display line indentation

My previous question has been closed without waiting to know if my question has been answered
My last question does not seems to be answered
Can I do that in Atom ?

http://imgur.com/Dkw7017

I dont want the dots of invisible character but the lines for a tabulation

You’re correct, I didn’t wait to see if it answered your question. We try to keep the boards focused by ensuring one conversation per topic. We do this by closing topics that ask questions that have already been answered. Since two thirds of your questions were obvious duplicates, I felt that leaving the topic open would not point people in the right direction of more information.

And to answer your question, the setting is called “Show Indent Guides”.

@leedohm I’m pretty sure his question don’t concern indent guides, but rather whitespaces :wink:

@Leafrontend By adding the following snippets and tweaking colors a bit you should get what you were looking for:

.leading-whitespace {
    color: rgba(0,0,0,0);
    position: relative;
    box-shadow: inset 1px 0 0 rgba(255,255,255,0.1); // It force the shadow to have a different color than the text.
  }
  .leading-whitespace:after {
    content: '';
    display: block;
    position: absolute;
    top: 0;
    left: 0;
    width: 100%;
    height: 100%;
    border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(255,255,255,0.1);
  }

Ah … ok, I see now … there’s two sets of lines in the screenshot, how am I supposed to know :laughing:

Sorry for the confusion here
This is exactly was I was looking for I just update the style.less file
now I can see the whitespace behind displayed but only on the style file , can’t see it on other files
I try to restart Atom but nothing , do I have to make this changes somewhere else ?
Thanks a lot for your help

Hmm, unless you have placed the code inside a too specific rule it should have applied to all the views/pane in your editor. Here’s what I get when putting it it inside the .editor rule:

Yes I dont have the same result
it just do that on my stylesheet