Display error

I reused Atom after a break of two weeks from work, but atom just shocked me. First, the font become ugly, and then, i can’t open more than one tabs. For example, I can only have one code file opened in atom. once i open a new one, the old one will be closed. It’s really inconvenient for me. I have tried to trash the atom and download a new atom, but it doesn’t work.

the fonts are all still ugly and there is only one code file can be opened.

pls help me.

With regard to the “can only open one file” problem, there is a FAQ for this:

I’m not sure what you mean by “the fonts are ugly”. Can you be more specific or give a screenshot? Have you followed the suggestions in the Debugging document? Also, could you give the following information?

• Which version of Atom are you using?
  • What OS and version are you running?
  • Can you reproduce the issue after completely exiting Atom and restarting using atom --safe?

Hi, by saying “ugly”, I mean all the codes in atom look ugly, I have attached a screenshot for this.

I am using atom 1.8
my os is 10.10.4

That does look interesting. Can you replicate that in Safe Mode?

hi, safe mode still can’t open two files and all codes look ugly.

but by using the double-click, i can open more than one file. however, it is so annoyed to double clicked every time.

thanks

You may want to check out the blog post because it is a pretty cool system and you don’t have to double-click every time depending on your work flow. On the other hand, if you want to disable the pending pane items and still use single click, you can use the single-click-open package.

Can you show a screenshot of what it looks like when you’re running in Safe Mode? Please include a screenshot of the entire window.

safe mode:

Ok, and when you open a file with code in the Safe Mode window?

Please include the entire window … you can do this easily by pressing Shift+Cmd+4, then releasing, then pressing Space and clicking on the window you want to take a screenshot of.

Also, what font are you using?

Can you include the contents of your config.cson?

font:DejaVu Sans Mono

where can i find the config.cson?

thanks~~~

You can find it by opening the Command Palette and searching for “Open Your Config”.

Hi, I have tried and couldn’t find it

Please screenshot your Command Palette while searching for “Open Your”.

You can also get to config.cson via the menu (it’s File -> Config... on Windows and Edit -> Config... on Linux, so I don’t know what it would be on Mac), or by looking in your ~/.atom folder.