Custom toolbar?

Is there any way to create a toolbar in Atom? I would love to have fast access to some commands (compile, run, etc) without needing to memorize the shortcuts…

As a side note, would this be better done at the menu bar?

Announce: Command-Toolbar
Toolbar package with plugins/extensions support

I don’t know of any way to create a toolbar. Though I don’t think one would be too hard to make with a series of button elements.

Also, you really only have to remember one shortcut … Cmd+Shift+P to open the Command Palette and then type a fuzzy match for the command. In Sublime Text I got really fast at Cmd+Shift+P s s r b to set the syntax to Ruby and s s p y to set the syntax to Python, etc. Which reminds me … I keep meaning to write a set-syntax package.

Not exactly the same but this can get you and idea of how to create a custom interface on top of Atom.

I’m not too much into the palete nor Ubuntu HUB or similar things, I have been using Mac since 20 years ago when I was 7… :stuck_out_tongue:

I admit the palete can be useful, but I still have the feeling that it lacks something and don’t know what… :-/ Maybe colors? Icons? Don’t know… :frowning:

Good trick! :smiley:

Not sure what using a Mac has to do with it, but when I was seven years old Macs hadn’t been invented yet :smirk: I totally understand that the Command Palette may not be your cup of tea, though :grinning: To me, the Command Palette is just a way to create discoverable key chords.

Does ⌃ + ⇧ + L not do what you want?

Yes, it does what I want in that it allows me to change the grammar of the current file. But no, it doesn’t do what I want in that it does not allow me to use the already developed muscle memory of the key chords I’m used to. And since it seems that there is only a tiny cost associated with creating additional commands … I might as well use the muscle memory I already have instead of going through the process of developing it anew.