Ctrl-F3 not showing properly in packages menu

I’m creating a new package (my first) and it shows up fine in the package menu with one exception. The key binding is ctrl-F3 but it the command is missing the F3. It only shows “Ctrl+”.

Here is my key binding …

'.workspace':
  'ctrl-F3': 'find-selection:find-next'

… and the menu code …

'menu': [
  {
    'label': 'Packages'
    'submenu': [
      'label': 'Find Selection'
        { 'label': 'Find Next', 'command': 'find-selection:find-next' }
      ]
    ]
  }
]

Am I doing something stupid or is this a menu bug?

As I stated in this StackOverflow answer:

the keybindings are case-sensitive. Change it to ctrl-f3, note the lowercase “f”, and it should work fine.

Are you a robot or something? You’ve responded in minutes, seemingly 24/7. :slight_smile:

Anyway, I tried that before with no luck. I just tried it again.

BTW, what specifically do I need to do to try changes in my package? I’ve been closing and open atom which appears to work.

To try out changes, you can reload the window content with Ctrl-Alt-R, or from the Command Pallette:

As far as I know that should reload all packages as well.

Shhhhh … nobody is supposed to know until the Overlords arrive :laughing:

But to answer your question, I just tried creating a new package:

Keymap:

'.workspace':
  'ctrl-f3': 'my-package:toggle'

Menu:

'menu': [
  {
    'label': 'Packages'
      'label': 'my-package'
        { 'label': 'Toggle', 'command': 'my-package:toggle' }
      ]
    ]
  }
]

And this is what I get:

If that’s not what you get, then yes, it may be a bug.

Aha. Your packages menu looks totally different because I’m on windows. The key display in mine is “ctrl+” while yours is the up-thingie. I suspect windows has different code.

When I ask simple questions like this I’m too lazy to answer all the bug reporting questions. But I will say I’m on windows each time from now on. It appears that much I’m running into is windows-related.

I tend not to ask all the bug-reporting questions unless I suspect it could be a bug. But since it does appear to be a bug, would you mind posting it to Atom Core at https://github.com/atom/atom/issues/new and linking it back here?