Creating Windows Installer On Mac

Hey everyone,

I was curious, what is the best utility to use to make a windows installer of my app on Mac? I have been trying to use grunt-electron-installer but, I’ve been having a lot of issues with it and haven’t been able to get it to function. Thanks for the help in advance!

-Alec

I use electron-packager for this. I use npm as a build tool, this is from package.json:

"scripts"{
    "pack:win": "rm -rf build dist && electron-packager . yeti-desktop --asar --prune --platform=win32 --arch=x64 --version=0.33.0 --icon=src/images/favicon.ico --out=build",
},

If you need to ship an installer, check out electron-builder

Hey @erikbean,
Thanks for the reply. I ended up going with electron-packager and electron-builder and its works pretty well! Thanks again.

-Alec

Awesome! Feel free to continue this thread if you have any questions on configuration, etc.
One thing to be aware of is that Windows paths are limited (to 260 chars I believe), which doesn’t mesh well with the deeply-nested node_modules directory structure. That’s why we package as an asar archive.

Good to know! Thanks again for the help. I do actually have one more question. Do you know if Electron is compatible with the Windows Store? Thanks again!

-Alec

if you need a windows installer, you should make it on windows with grunt-electron-installer