Converting intranet web app that uses ActiveX controls: possible?

As I understand it Electron uses chrome, so no ActiveX support. I don’t really understand the node.js aspect of Electron, or anything about C++ modules, dlls, ActiveX. So at the risk of sounding like a complete idiot: What about the win32ole npm module? Is that something that can be used in Electron? I saw a reference to nan for wrapping C++ modules. Can nan work with ActiveX controls? Thanks.

edit: Just for clarification, the ActiveX controls are for various hardware devices.

I don’t think the win32ole npm module would work.

The last day I’ve been trying to get the winax module to work, the successor to win32ole, but no cigar. It works from node in the command prompt, but the dev console in Atom won’t load the module.

> var winax = require('winax');
Uncaught Error: Cannot find module 'winax'
    at Module._resolveFilename (module.js:470:15)
    at Module._resolveFilename (C:\Users\Kyle\AppData\Local\atom\app-1.22.1\resources\electron.asar\common\reset-search-paths.js:35:12)
    at Function.get_Module._resolveFilename (C:\Users\Kyle\AppData\Local\atom\app-1.22.1\resources\app\src\module-cache.js:354:58)
    at Module.require (file:///C:/Users/Kyle/AppData/Local/atom/app-1.22.1/resources/app.asar/static/index.js:40:43)
    at require (internal/module.js:20:19)
    at <anonymous>:1:13