Compiler tools not found

Every time I try installing a package for Atom, I get the following message:

Installing “[package name]” failed.Show output…
Compiler tools not found
Packages that depend on modules that contain C/C++ code will fail to install.
Read here for instructions on installing Python and Visual Studio.
Run apm install --check after installing to test compiling a native module.

This is my output:

Request for package information failed: write EPROTO 101057795:error:140943F2:SSL routines:ssl3_read_bytes:sslv3 alert unexpected message:openssl\ssl\s3_pkt.c:1493:SSL alert number 10
101057795:error:1409E0E5:SSL routines:ssl3_write_bytes:ssl handshake failure:openssl\ssl\s3_pkt.c:659:
(EPROTO)

apm install --check

Checking for native build tools failed
gyp info it worked if it ends with ok
gyp info using node-gyp@3.4.0
gyp info using node@6.9.5 | win32 | x64
gyp http GET https://atom.io/download/electron/v1.7.11/iojs-v1.7.11.tar.gz
gyp WARN install got an error, rolling back install
gyp ERR! install error
gyp ERR! stack Error: write EPROTO 101057795:error:140943F2:SSL routines:ssl3_read_bytes:sslv3 alert unexpected message:openssl\ssl\s3_pkt.c:1493:SSL alert number 10
gyp ERR! stack 101057795:error:1409E0E5:SSL routines:ssl3_write_bytes:ssl handshake failure:openssl\ssl\s3_pkt.c:659:
gyp ERR! stack
gyp ERR! stack at exports._errnoException (util.js:1022:11)
gyp ERR! stack at WriteWrap.afterWrite (net.js:801:14)
gyp ERR! System Windows_NT 10.0.16299
gyp ERR! command “C:\Users\Robert\AppData\Local\atom\app-1.25.0\resources\app\apm\bin\node.exe” “C:\Users\Robert\AppData\Local\atom\app-1.25.0\resources\app\apm\node_modules\node-gyp\bin\node-gyp.js” “install” “–runtime=electron” “–target=1.7.11” “–dist-url=https://atom.io/download/electron” “–arch=x64” “–ensure”
gyp ERR! cwd C:\Users\Robert.atom
gyp ERR! node -v v6.9.5
gyp ERR! node-gyp -v v3.4.0
gyp ERR! not ok

apm -v

apm 1.19.0
npm 3.10.10
node 6.9.5 x64
atom 1.25.0
python
git
visual studio

My first guess is that I’m missing some files (linked with python, git and visual studio).

I’ve just installed a version of Windows 10 Pro a couple of days ago, so I didn’t really have time to install things like Visual Redist or or NET Frameworks.

I’m fairly new to Atom and don’t know a lot about it, I tried reading similar topics and the Flight Manual, but nothing ringed any bells.

If someone could help me, it would be very appreciated.

Compiler tools not found

It looks like you’re missing something that can compile C code. Are you able to do this outside of Atom? (you don’t need to actually compile something, just see if the command line program works / is installed)

I have CodeBlocks installed together with the GNU/GCC compiler and it works fine…

I have to say that when running the 32 bit version of Atom the packages work completely fine, so I don’t know what’s missing from the 64 bit one… I guess I’ll stick to the 32 bit version. I don’t know if there’s any difference between the two in terms of speed or usability, but even so, it’s probably unnoticeable.

Thanks for the reply.