Code Hint menu for symbols not working

Hi, the code hint menu in my Atom (1.12.6) opens when I am typing tags, but it does not open when I start typing ampersand (&) to prompt getting either the html name or number for things like cents, apostrophe, double quotes etc. For instance for single quotes it would be ’ etc, and in programs like Brackets or even Dreamweaver this hint-menu pops up as soon as you type the ampersand.

Do I need to install a package for this to work or am I missing something?

This is essentially a duplicate of a previous topic:

Please see the link to the open autocomplete-plus Issue in the above topic.

We like to unify similar discussions under one topic so that people don’t have to read a bunch of different threads to get the whole story. Please continue the discussion there. I’ll be closing this topic as duplicate.

sorry to be respectfully disagreeing, my issue has nothing to do with snippets or erb tags or tab-closing of tags, therefore not a duplicate of the threads you have posted.
The code-hinting feature does work in my Atom (version 1.12.16) and works fine for every tag and attribute, it just does not work for symbols (such as grave, cents, apostrophe), which is invoked in DW and Brackets by typing ampersand. Please leave this thread open in case someone has a solution.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.