Can't See Remote Files

I’m running Atom 1.8.0 with remote-edit. This is my first day with Atom so I’m sure I’m missing something basic. I’ve connected successfully to my host, but I’m not seeing a directory of the host files now in the left pane, as I expected. Could someone point out what I still need to do? Thanks.

When I connect to a host with remote-edit, the Browse Hosts modal turns into a list of the files on the machine. There is no sidebar.

You may want to update to the latest version of Atom. The current Stable version is v1.9.9.

This really is a continuation of your other topic here:

We like to unify similar discussions under one topic so that people don’t have to read a bunch of different threads to get the whole story. Please continue the discussion there. I’ll be closing this topic as duplicate.

I started with 1.9.9 but the remote-edit package wouldn’t load into it - something about the package using the display_buffer module, which was removed in Atom 1.9. So I had to go to a pre-1.9 version to get any remote-edit functionality at all. I’d be glad to try a new remote-edit package that worked with Atom 1.9.9.

If you’re willing to try another package then maybe take a look at atom-commander. It has FTP support and I’m using it on Atom 1.9.9.

This topic was automatically closed after 12 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.