Can't search packages nor themes, stuck on "Searching packages for XXX..."

As written in the title it’s impossible for me to search themes and packages.
If I try to open the page of one of the featured packages it get stuck on “Loading XXX…”

I’m not using any kind of proxy or vpn

5 Likes

Some here. No proxy or VPN (although I tried a VPN just in case), access to atom.io works just fine in my browsers, no other apps have connection issues. Installing any of the “featured” packages works too, as does updating packages. What doesn’t work is searching for any packages or themes to install, that just says stays on …

Linux, Atom 1.44.0.

Also tried nuking local config and starting a fresh profile in case something in there was borked, same result.

3 Likes

The situation is still the same, I did some tests: using apm to install packages/themes works fine and if a package has some dependencies I can easily install them within atom so this is could be a temporary solution for anyone having the same problem.
Tried to fresh install everything, but same result, also tweaking with some Atom settings does nothing

2 Likes

It would be helpful to know if there are any errors in the Developer Tools console?

No errors, just a warning but I don’t know if it’s related

[Deprecation] /deep/ combinator is no longer supported in CSS dynamic profile.It is now effectively no-op, acting as if it were a descendant combinator. /deep/ combinator will be removed, and will be invalid at M65. You should remove it. See https://www.chromestatus.com/features/4964279606312960 for more details.

Same for me as well. I don’t know if it’s related to the problem but I’m running Atom on Manjaro 19.0.2 Gnome.

1 Like

I have the same issue also on Manjaro but the apm command still works.

Mhh I’m on Manjaro too, this could be a hint :thinking:

Another Manjaro user chiming in saying this is also an issue for me

Arch & Manjaro … I’m seeing a theme.

I’ve filed a bug report here, those affected downstream of the Arch package should vote for it to get some priority attention :wink:

Same problem here, Manjaro and I can’t search for packages.
I have voted on alerque’s bug report to get attention to the issue.

Same issue, voting right now.

On KDE Manjaro 19.0.2 i had the same problem searching packages and themes in Atom 1.44.0-1 (community) and 1.45.0 (snap). This is how i solved it:

step 1: uninstall Atom (i used the Pamac package manager)
step 2: backup and then delete the .atom directory
step 3: install atom-editor-bin 1.45.0-1 (AUR)

You might need to enable AUR in the Pamac preferences to make it show up in the list.
This also installed ripgrep dependency.
You can probably skip the first two steps or just install ripgrep.

Have a nice day.

The latest update fixed the issue, it was related to 1.44 as far as I know