Cannot save root needed files

In sublime text when i try to save a file belongs to root sublime asks sudo pass in a gui windows is that possible to oimplement this into atom

Administrator rights?

Atom already does this at least on OS X and, to my recollection, on at least some flavors of Linux. Have you followed the suggestions in the Debugging document? Also, could you give the following information?

• Which version of Atom are you using?
  • What OS and version are you running?
  • Can you reproduce the issue after completely exiting Atom and restarting using atom --safe?

atom 1.1.0
ubuntu 14.04
and still have this issue

atom --safe produces this output

after chnging ownership of .atom folder i am able to run atom --safe but still wont ask for password

https://github.com/atom/node-runas indicates the admin part is only implemented on OS X (I think that’s what Atom uses for that functionality).

Here is the related issue:

still dont understand how that topic will solve my issue in the and they found a way to read as root for osx nothing for linux

It’s not meant to solve it directly. It was only to show that the Atom developers are aware of the issue and there is no need to try to debug why it isn’t working. You can subscribe to the issue if you want to track progress or use the discussion there if you want to help get the feature implemented for Linux.

What about Windows users? I see OSX and Linux mentioned in this thread, but what about a fix for the Windows platform?

Is this a problem on the Windows platform? Have you searched for an Issue on the Atom repository? I just searched and couldn’t find one.

I’m trying Atom instead of Notepad++. I can confirm that Atom does not prompt for admin rights when trying to save eg. C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts file, which require you to be an administrator on Windows.

I would be really great if this feature could be added to Atom for Windows and Linux too.